SEEKING YOUNG FEMALE AVENGERS!
Calling all girls BETWEEN THE AGES OF 15 AND 18 AND IN GRADES 10 – 12 who are inspired to create a positive world through science and technology.
Have you developed or dreamed of an amazing project you think could revolutionize the world, simplify our lives, help the disabled, or just make life on earth a little better, safer, or healthier?
Then MARVEL’S CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR – GIRLS REFORMING THE FUTURE CHALLENGE is for you!
MARVEL STUDIOS is searching nationwide for girls – just like you – ages 15 to 18 in grades 10 – 12 to explore their inner potential to reform the future with positive world change by creating an original and innovative project using STEM. One winner of MARVEL’S CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR – GIRLS REFORMING THE FUTURE CHALLENGE will be selected to receive an internship with MARVEL STUDIOS.
You may create a new project for the challenge or submit a project you previously developed for a class, for a science competition, or just for fun. Science, technology, engineering, or mathematics must be used in the creation of the project, and the project should have the potential to benefit humankind.
After completing your project, you will submit a short video demonstrating and explaining the benefits of your project, how STEM helped you develop the project, and why you would like an internship at MARVEL STUDIOS.
Five finalists will be selected and each will:
- Receive a $500 High Yield Savings account from Synchrony Bank.
- Receive a trip to Hollywood, California for the finalist and a parent or legal guardian for the opportunity to present their project to leaders in science and industry at MARVEL STUDIOS.
- Will participate in a live global Broadcom Masters webinar during which they will discuss how their STEM skills enabled them to create their projects.
- Have the opportunity to walk the red carpet at the World Premiere of MARVEL’S CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR on April 12, 2016.
- Receive a tour of the Walt Disney Studios and Dolby Laboratories facilities.
This seems like it could be a pretty awesome reach out from Marvel to the women folk of the world, let’s hope it’s a first step in their long journey towards making things right in that regard!
Visit www.captainamericacivilwarchallenge.com/learn for more information.